Dear LifeSong Family,
I have some exciting news to share with you. God has heard and has answered our prayers. It has now been determined that we may resume our church services. We will do this, doing our best to follow the CDC guidelines. In fact, we intend to exceed those standards, so that you will be safer than going to the local grocery store.
Shurece and I, and the LifeSong Team have missed you greatly and we are looking forward to being together. We are working to prepare for your return by making the necessary adjustments to our building to accommodate social distancing protocols. We have removed rows and reconfigured the seating per CDC guidelines. The Church will look a little different, but it will still feel like home.
God is good and in control. Revival is happening. Shutting down hasn’t shut God out. God is resetting the Church for a Great Awakening during the last days before His return. We believe that the Church is essential and is needed now more than ever.
We are resuming our four Live Worship Services at 8:15, 9:30, 11:00, and 12:30. There will be no kids church offered during the 8:15 service (that will start back up in August).
LifeKids (2yrs-5th Grade) will resume for the 9:30, 11:00, and 12:30 services. We will be taking temperature checks before entering the facility. Jr. High will resume in the coming weeks.
We know and understand that some of our members may not be ready to return because of health or other related concerns. We want you to know we support you in this decision. Please do not feel you will be judged in any way. We encourage you to continue to watch the online streaming services, until your return. No matter if you’re in-house or online, the Church is alive!
Guidelines for Resuming Live Worship Services
- VERY IMPORTANT! If you are ill or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, you should stay at home until you have fully recovered.
- Attendees should refrain from handshaking, or other forms of touching. Until further notice, we will not be offering coffee or hot chocolate.
- All of our volunteers will be trained prior to this weekend to ensure the safety of our members.
- All volunteers and kids will be temperature checked before entering the building. Also, all members are encouraged to be temperature checked as well.
- While this is not a requirement from the state, facial masks will be provided for those who need them as they enter the building.
- All our volunteers will wear masks as they hold the doors open for you to enter and leave the building and auditorium. You will never have to touch a surface that has been touched by someone else.
- Strict social distancing guidelines will be encouraged at all times.
- Worshipers may sit with their families, but at least two chairs should be empty on either side to maintain proper distancing.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout our facility.
- A professional cleaning service has been hired to sanitize and clean during and between services. Door handles, countertops, etc. will be sanitized.
- Instead of coming forward at the close of a service, prayer for salvation or special needs will be offered while everyone remains at their seats. We will not lay hands on anyone for prayer.
- To prevent congestion at the end of a service, people will be dismissed, one section and row at a time, beginning at the back of the Sanctuary.
The authorities have recommended that all “at-risk” members of our church should worship at home and watch the services via our online streaming. If you are among that group but choose to attend, please consider attending the 8:15 service.
I know there will be many questions, as well as praise and critiques. Just know that there is no truly perfect way to check everyone’s expectation box, but we are moving forward with the best wisdom and care we can. Thank you so much for being the best church in the world, for supporting the leadership of our church, and for keeping us lifted up in prayer. We are here to serve you and Jesus to the best of our abilities.
What a blessing it will be for our church family to once again experience God in a corporate worship service—in a safe, secure, and sanitized environment. We have missed you terribly and can’t wait to worship with our LifeSong family!
Thank you and have a blessed day,
James, Shurece and The LifeSong Team